Its been a while!

Hello everyone!

It has been a very long time since I have done a post on my blog! There has been many sport related things that has happened since the end of June and here they are:

July 2014

-AFL premiership season continues

-NRL premiership season continues

-FIFA World Cup 2014 [Germany (1) played Argentina (0)]

August 2014

-AFL premiership season continues

-NRL premiership season continues

September 2014

-AFL finals series (grand final: Hawthorn won by 63 points against Sydney in the grand final)

-NRL finals series (South Sydney Rabbitohs won in grand final)

October 2014

-Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix

– Spring Racing Carnival

November 2014

-Phil Hughes (Australian and state cricketer) death (was struck by a bouncer)

-Big Bash League (BBL) starts

– Spring Racing Carnival

-Melbourne Cup

December 2014

-ICC- 4 Test matches Australia V India (including boxing day test) (Aus. won the series 2-2)

-BBL continues

January 2015

-BBL continues, finals series (Perth Scorchers won of the last ball while Brett Lee was on a hat-trick on his last ball of his career.) Click here to watch the last over of the match .

-Tri Series (Australia, England and India) Australia won.

-The Australian open (Novak Djokovic won the title)

February 2015

– ICC Cricket World Cup begins

– AFL NAB Challenge begins

So those are most of the major sporting events that has happened since my last post. I will be updating a lot as the ICC Cricket World Cup is starting and I would love it if you can post some comments!!

Here are some questions……

Do you think I have missed any major sporting events?

What is you favourite sport listed bellow?

Australian Rules Football

Cricket

Tennis

Basketball

Netball

Golf Motocross Racing

Swimming

Running

Or other

2 thoughts on “Its been a while!

1. Hi Bailey

It’s great to see you are keeping up with your blog!
    There have been so many sporting events since you last wrote! What a long list. Some great wins for Australia and some sad news as well.

I think you could add the Melbourne Cup and the Spring Racing Carnival to your list. You have done a great job researching.

My favourite sport is different depending on whether I am playing or watching it. My favourite sport to play is tennis. I used to play when I was younger and then I played again on the holidays and remembered how much I enjoyed it!
    My favourite sport to watch is either footy or tennis but I don’t watch either of them very much.
    I would love to see a game of basketball or ice hockey live. I tried to go to one when I was in America but sadly there was nothing on when I was there.

What is your favourite out of the list? I imagine it would be difficult for you to choose just one favourite!

From Mrs Placek

2. Hi Mrs Placek,
    Thanks for commenting on my blog. You have been the first one to comment in AGES!
    How could I forget what you said, the Melbourne Cup and Spring Racing Carnival! I should add that in right now!
    My favourite sports are probably Australian Rules Football and Cricket. I love sport- anything that gets my heart pumping 🙂
    I would also like to see a professional game of basketball too. I don’t know why- maybe because I don’t know much about it.
    I have seen an Ice Hockey match with George on his birthday. It was really exiting to watch-especially that it was close 🙂
    Once again, thankyou for commenting!
    From Bailey