Socceroos Out

On Thursday, in Brazil, as part of the world cup, the Socceroos played Netherlands. As it was the third time they have lost and now they are out of the competition. They had a game against Spain two weeks ago but it didn’t mater if they won or not because they wouldn’t be into the finals (by the way, they lost).

Although they lost, they still played great! Tim Cahill kicked a lovely goal that sent the Socceroos fans roaring! I personally think it was the best goal in soccer history!  That made the scores 2-1 with Australia in the lead. But unfortunately Netherlands kicked two more goals which won them the match.

You have got to watch Tim Cahill’s goal, he is my favourite player. If you want to watch the video, click here or here or here. I think Chile will win the cup and I hope Australia keep trying!

Keep in touch for more world cup news.

Do you think Tim Cahill’s goal is the best ever goal in soccer history?

Who is you favourite soccer player?

What team do you think will win the cup?

2 thoughts on “Socceroos Out

1. Hi Bailey,
    I think Australia played well in the World cup. I also think they were unlucky to get beaten by Holland. I thought Germany would win the world cup and they did – against Argentina 1-0 after extra time.
    See ya,
    Will

• Hi will!
      Thankyou so much for commenting on my blog! Your are one of the only people that has left a comment on my blog from another country and also the first in about five months! (I need to do another post) 🙂
      It’s great to see that you are interested in soccer (as I said, I’m not really a soccer fan.) Good luck with your soccer team this year, How are they going- what team is it that you follow?
      Before I leave… I would like to ask a few more questions 🙂
      Do you like cricket?
      Do you like any other sports other that soccer?
      Have you met any soccer players- who is your favourite in the world?
      Keep in-touch
      Bailey